Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Believe in yourself

"People might perform to keep their job because duty and responsibility demand that they do a job well. But love and encouragement enable people to do work beautifully."

A phrase stated in a book called"something to SMILE about" by Zig Ziglar. Hmm, i think this word apply well in everything we do, especially when it comes to design. From what I've seen, lots of people doesn't understand the meaning of "A DESIGN".

According to MSN Encarta Dictionary, design means "plan and make something: to plan and make something in a skillful or artistic way". Yes, i agree, but in the other hand, it doesn't work right with this definition as well. who doesn't know to how to be ARTISTIC? by using a pen and a piece of paper, with just a simple line, it is consider as ART as well, right? So what is the TRUE meaning for DESIGN then?

If you ask me this question, I would like to highlight second sentence from that phrase above. Yes we need to have certain responsibility and afford to complete a work, but to create an excellent pieces, we need LOVE, ENCOURAGEMENT and OHM(passion) into it. From my very own experience, I can't work without these three keys. Every design that I've done have something in it. It might be something special happened to me, some meaningful memories that I wanted to remember, someone I love, or someone I wanted to thank. Yes it does react according to my mood too. As long as it is worth it, I'll do it to the fullest! Well, some people could say its FRENCH CUISINE, but i would just take it as "self satisfaction" . If wanted to do for the sake of doing, you can just forget about it, cause there is no meaning at all.
Its not about how great i trying to praise myself, but it is indeed the way i react towards things that I've done. And that is why i ~HEART~ all my design.

At last, the message that i wanted to deliver here is "Believe in what you think its right, and react according to your logic sense." Why do i say so? For example, Mr. MC2(Einstein). At the very beginning, no one understand what is he thinking at all. At the end, he create miracle to this world and changed everyone's life. SO, trust your sense of doing things, and believe in yourself.

"Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."

Christian D. Larson

just like this :p

No comments: